ACT 2: Can I Make You Laugh?: Phases.

Please note:
I apologize beforehand if a part of this post doesn't sit well with you. I tried to avoid the use of certain words and hopefully, you can all enjoy the content.

*voiceover*
For the third show of the three-day special... I present an afternoon of comedy tagged: Can I make you laugh?

It promises to be great, unless it sucks, which we doubt it would, but that's not the point. Keep scrolling, keep your eyes peeled for the punchlines and if you don't laugh... I mean... I tried.

Without further ado, I present... Me!

Curtains open

I walk out to the mic... I hear applause in my head even though I know you ain't clapping.

Hello! Wow. It's been a lovely three days. So much support. Opening night was great, yesterday was touchy for some and today, I aim to do something weird... written stand-up comedy.

Let me explain!

Basically, I consider myself a funny guy. If you know me and you're being honest with yourself, you know I'm funny 🌚

I have this uncanny ability to make jokes of things that happen without missing a beat and I also give beautiful punchlines.

So... Like a normal person, I thought about this and did what everyone would do... I decided to try stand-up and not just regular stand-up, I went for the written one.

Another round of applause.

The trick here is to make you laugh with the use of words and emojis. Regular comedians have the luxury of intonation, facial expression and body language, but I just have words.

How could this possibly go wrong? πŸ˜‚

I sip from my red cup that is filled with pepsi. I set the cup down on the stool and take the mic off the mic stand.

So... I'm going to start my stand-up career here and if I flop, I'll count it off as a phase, a phase that I'd think about twenty years from now and regret, but a phase nonetheless πŸ˜‚

I mean, we all have phases. I've gone through a lot of phases. Some, I am glad I went through and some... Head shake... I never want to repeat, because wow... What was I thinking?

I chuckle...

The phase that I will never forget is my addiction phase.

Yeah...

Some of you are thinking one way and I assure you, it isn't that πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ and some of you are like... What is he saying? He doesn't look like someone that's ever done anything hard.

You're right πŸ˜‚

Let me explain!

So, I have not done anything hard. I get addicted to dumb things.

Like the time when I had a strange relationship with lotion.

I stare down at my hand.
I look up to see you looking at me someway...

Oh! Nah, nah, nah... It's not what you're thinking 😩

Damn do I have a very naughty audience πŸ˜‚

I mean I had this experience where I shook hands with a girl and somehow someway, my hands came close to my nose and I got a whiff of the scent and from that point... I was interested in scents.

Yes.. I'm weird. We've already agreed on that.

So... I stopped using lotion so I won't keep smelling my hands 😩😩😩. I was on some La Parfumer shi πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Now tho, I'm getting off that. But don't judge me, it was a phase.

Takes another sip from my cup.

Addiction is a really bad thing, man...

I was once addicted to Tom-tom. Yeah... And not the regular mint Tom-tom... Noooo. I was addicted to the Honey-Lemon flavour πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. I detest lemon, but Tom-tom added honey and I rushed it all πŸ˜©πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

My dad would buy a pack and bring it home and within three days, I'd have cleared it all. I made it last three days so the complaints would be less πŸ˜‚ I bet if I take two tom-toms two days in a row, I'll bloody relapse πŸ˜‚.

You already laughed at this point and so there's more applause.

The one I still find the most mind boggling is that around the same time I was addicted to Tom-tom, I got hooked on vitamin-C πŸ˜‚

I know a couple of you are like... I can relate... Trust me, you can't. πŸ˜‚ Y'all were addicted to the orange vitamin-C (wussies πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚) but I was on the main stuff... The white one πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Yeah... Some of you are going ewwww πŸ˜‚ and that's what makes me so worried about that phase πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Like... The white vitamin-C was the hard drug of all non hard drugs for kids, man. It's right up there with bloody mist-mag πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Yeah, I said it and I'm sorry, but to me, if you ever liked mist-mag, you have a high tendency of being a rascal because wow... That thing was nasty AF 😭😭😭

Standing ovation with a rousing round of applause.

I bow and wave my hands.

Thank you so much. Thank you.  This was beautiful... Thank you.

I hope I did a good job of making you laugh and I hope you'll join me again next week Friday for the start of the next three day special.

Leave a comment, share the work and just show some love to me and to those around you.

Have a lovely week ahead!!!

Applause intensifies as I walk off stage.

Curtains close

Comments

  1. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚Thank you for making me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love I keep on being impressed everyday πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to continue in that fashion 😌

      Delete
  3. Ode ni e, but ko kan miπŸ˜‚ White Vitamin-C ke. That shit is awful😭 Mix-mag wasn't that bad naw. Had a sweet chalk-line taste. Don't look at me that way, it was sweet🌚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The two of you are weird πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ white vitamin-C over mist-mag anytime anyday

      Delete
  4. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ White vitamin-C???? You say mist mag is nasty but you were hooked on WHITE vitamin-C???? I'll be putting you in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To each his own abeg πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts