Act 4: Let The Tensioning Continue...

Okay...

Welcome to the second show. Today is going to see me doing the same magic trick as last week and I'll be making smiles disappear.

Yes. It seems easy to do that these days, so I can't flop this magic trick.

Let's get right to it.

Applaudise de.

Alright... Whose table shall I shake today?

Looks through the crowd...

Ah-ha. The marital roles geng. I've got my sights set on y'all today.

Firstly, patriarchy needs an updated version tbvh. The old version of patriarchy is making it easy for people to blame their excesses and misbehaviour on tradition and to those who do this... You're talking in the rubbish.

Secondly, feminism is getting a bad rep due to the antics of a number of women who are pushing for matriarchy or the downfall of the male species due to their own hate for men and for those on this table... You're talking in a thing that did not have a good experience.

Thirdly, point number two might seem out of the way from the topic, but it isn't. Feminists are fighting for the equality of the female gender with that of the male. It is pretty glaring that there's an inequality in a larger percentage of the sectors and if you're saying this isn't true... You're talking in the nonsense.

These three points have made the discussion of marital roles a prevalent one in this day and age.

Who shall cook? Who shall wash the dishes and do the laundry? Who shall pay the rent and school fees?

These questions are being asked and with a lot of the responses that I've heard, I have to ask... Siri, wetin dey occur?

Marriage is to be a partnership, a companionship in which both parties love and cherish themselves for better or worse, yh?

Now, why is it that a guy will now say he's not going to wash even the plate that he used or that he can't cook because these are the duties of the wife?

I sometimes wonder if it is only me that wants to be able to cook for my wife. Like, I want to be able to say "Dear, I cooked your favourite dish. Just go clean up and come and eat." Then I'll sit and watch her marvel at my cooking skills. I want to be able to argue with my wife that I cook better than she does and have her laugh at my inability to turn Amala or Eba. I want to be able to gist with my wife as she turns the swallow and I go on with the preparation of the soup/stew. Let the love be felt even in the kitchen.

Question... When your wife is heavily pregnant, you will still fully subject her to the kitchen? I'm giving my queen the royal treatment once she says "honey, we're pregnant." All she's doing is wake up, eat, sleep, complain, go for check ups and all. No extra-curriculars. Or will you starve if you're the first to get home? You'll now be hungry because it's the wife's so called duty to cook. Ebi lo ma pa αΊΉ πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I'm hammering on this kitchen one because it is the one that brings about the big discord.

In regards to who takes care of what expenses, that should be easy to settle between both parties.

Women cook for men because they love them and because, quite frankly, they are better than we are in the kitchen a lot of the time. This doesn't make it their duty. Strive to learn to take care of yourself and your woman. Don't only please her in the other room and with money. Please her with food that you cooked with the secret ingredient of love.

Annoyingly, this show only makes me continue to think of marriage πŸ˜‚. I had to do this tho.

I hope y'all have heard though. Your wife is not your maid. Don't let food disrupt your love. If you're on this table, fall, break your neck and rise up with a new paradigm.

Standing ovation.

Thank you.

Once again, leave a comment, show me some love, show love to those around you and enjoy the rest of your day.

I'll see you tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Thank you for this beautiful piece. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚I blushed, i laughed so hard ❣️❣️❣️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts