THE RETURN: Can I Make You Laugh?: Competitive Spirit.

Hello, hello, hello.

Yes... I'm back. How long has it been? 3 months? 4?

I was gone for a long time for two reasons: 1) The only acceptable excuse that is a dumb excuse... pandemic break. 2.) Honestly, nobody was checking the blog. Eriswariris.

Anyway...

I'm back and i hope to continue bringing smiles to your faces as we resume the comedy series. If you're just joining the blog/show, welcome to my comedy special. Here, I do stand-up comedy on a blog. Go figure. 

Now...

Let's get right into it.

DEAFENING APPLAUSE AND CHEERS!!!



Good evening...

Wonderful night it is. I speak for myself and myself only. How was your night? I hope it was lovely. If it wasn't, I hope I am able to at least make you smile.

The last show was a blast. I had a lot of feedback from people and I must say, it is very weird to see that people think liking white vitamin-c is a bigger problem than compulsively smelling your hands. People surprise me everyday.

Well, today's show continues in line with the last show and I'll be exposing a part of me that is completely weird.









I don't know about you, but I love competition. I have a very very very strong competitive side of me that just jumps out at the slightest hint of a challenge like oh so you want to battle? and I always instinctively go...









Some quick examples...

Back in uni, there were these set of students that the class considered smart and they were. I was the silent underdog that was blazing the class and that was fine until I saw the test result of one of these students and she had a higher score than I did. Naturally, I set my sights on her and told her telepathically... it's on. She didn't know I was competing with her till I finally told her about a year after and yes, I won.

The second one was back at the NYSC camp. It was the night of the dance competition and there was this girl who was just too much of a great dancer for me to ignore as I myself am a great dancer. I bade my time and when the opportunity arose, I walked up to her, congratulated her in advance and told her I was a dancer and... wait for it... would like to battle her.











She looked at me and went... you can't just come up to me and challenge me to a battle and I went... I meant that I'd love to collaborate with you in a video that would pretty much be us battling each other. Long story short, she doesn't hate me.

It's really bad. I get angry with the bike man or car driver if a car or bike zooms past. Like can you floor the hell out of this thing. Go faster!!! I obviously don't say this out loud. A lot of the time, I just pick a random bike/car ahead of us and celebrate when we get past them. I'll even add a cheeky little smile as we go ahead of them.

This last example is legit the weirdest. You know how you download stuff and you're able to monitor the things you're downloading...

Yes... I turn those into a race... with full on commentary.

Avatar s02e14 started first, but, Bleach 232 is catching up strong and it was started five minutes after. Let's give Avatar some benefit of the doubt. It is larger than... Oh look, Bleach 232 has taken the lead and Avatar s02e14 is left in the dust. Will Bleach 233 also overtake it?

Yes... I know... My mind is beautiful.

Anyway, that brings me to the end of tonight's show and I hope you smiled or laughed at my weirdness... If you didn't... don't give up on me. Another show is coming soon.

With that... stay safe, have fun, love yourself and don't forget... Jesus loves you!

Good night and God bless!

DEAFENING APPLAUSE AND CROWD CHEERS.

CURTAINS CLOSE.

LIGHTS OUT.

Comments

  1. OmgπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    The fact that I could relate to most of it shows you're not that weird. Especially the car/bike part, the very satisfied smile that comes on my face when I pass a car or bike, it's bliss. I enjoyed reading this and yes I smiled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Remind me never to cross you πŸ˜‚ but what's that commentary? Your case is special πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not alone.πŸ˜‚ I get competitive over the slightest things, I never let a board game slide until I'm announced the winner.
    I'm anticipating the next post already!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally unrelated but used to race snails as a kid. Last place got in the frying pan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can so relate to thisπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can relate with the car thing, most times I got tempted to yell at the driver, but I always got restricted by my instincts. And, I also love the competition and it hurts so bad when I lose, you're not on this ship alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. just cheating abegπŸ˜‚...you can't actually compete and 'win' against someone that doesnt even know they are in a race with someone

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts